Thank you for trusting the care of your pet to Cancer Care for Pets. Here are some important details for you that advise about what you can expect of us, and what we expect of you. Please ask if there is anything that concerns you.
Please note, that although we work within Donaldson's veterinary hospital, we are an independent company from them. The practice you have been referred to is Cancer Care for Pets Ltd.
What you can expect from us:
- We will work with you to provide the highest standard of care and treatment for your pet and offer you the best advice that we can.
- We will listen to your concerns and together we will create a plan that is individual for you, your family and your pet. We will be open and honest with you.
- Our founding principle is to create a team of you and your family, your own practice, our nursing team and our vets so that we can all focus together on our patient...your pet. We are here to help you from diagnosis to treatment and beyond.
- We aim to respond quickly to any questions that you may have.
- We will provide estimates of costs at each visit. Remember that we cannot give accurate quotations for our work because of the nature of the illnesses and investigations that we treat.
- We will respond constructively to you if any aspect of our care does not meet your expectations.
- We will keep your home practice fully informed of your pet's case, and encourage them to be part of the care team.
What we can expect from you:
- That you are open and honest with us and let us know of any concerns that you may have about any aspect of the investigation and treatment plan.
- That you remain available by phone while your pet is with us. If we cannot contact you, or another responsible adult, we will act in what we consider to be the pet's best interest.
- That you settle your account in a timely manner.
- You may pay at the time of consultation, or collection. We do not accept cash or cheques, but will take all major credit and debit cards, Apple and Google Pay
- You may pay by bank transfer from a mobile app.
- We advocate the use of insurance, and we can arrange for payment direct from your insurer. However, you must have spoken to them prior to your first appointment and given your verbal permission for us to speak to them, and you must bring your insurance policy with you to your first appointment.
- If you have concerns about payment, please discuss this with a member of staff as soon as possible. These conversations will be in private and handled with discretion.
- You consent to us sharing details about your pet and their treatment with other clinical staff who may be involved in their care.
- All cases that are on ongoing medication will need to be reviewed at regular intervals. This is usually every three months.
- We often have to order medications in advance of your visit. If you need a repeat prescription but do not need to be examined by the vet, then you must give us 10 days' notice.
- Oncology medications cannot be sent in the post, and need to be collected in person.
- Many of our treatments are individualised and made to order specifically for a case. Any medication ordered specifically for your pet will be charged for, whether or not it is used.
- In some circumstances, we are unable to split medication packs and you will be expected to take and pay for a complete pack that has been ordered specifically for your pet. We will inform you of this in advance.
- We are happy to accept any unused medication so that it can be disposed of safely, but we are unable to refund your account as we have to comply with medication storage guidelines.
- Some medications are available through outside pharmacies. We will advise you if you can obtain your treatment elsewhere, and we can provide a prescription if you wish to source your medication elsewhere. A nominal charge is made for this.
Cancer Care for Pets Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner and ensures that all personal information lodged with us is treated fairly and lawfully. Please note that insurance companies normally have a waiver in their contract with you allowing us to share your information with them without your further consent.
Ownership of records
Case records and other clinical information are the property of Cancer Care for Pets Ltd, and will remain with us. Summaries will be made available on request.
Cancer Care for Pets has a zero-tolerance policy regarding violence, threats of violence and abuse. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, mental or physical capacity, religious or sexual preferences.
Cancer Care for Pets Ltd is a limited company registered in England. The company number is 13340245. Our registered address is Carlton House, Grammar School Street, Bradford, BD1 4NS